Saturday, October 25, 2008

Coreopsis the Blog Lives, Coreopsis the Band is No More!



I have been more active in Last Fm recently, and I noticed that there is a metal-core band from Texas, also called Coreopsis. I consulted with Depression Exorcism, and the general consensus was to change the name of my project. The same thing happened to Middian, and from what I've seen, the more established (pop-punk)band usually wins the name-thing battle. From now on, all of my recordings will be under the name Arha. The name is from Ursula K. LeGuin's Earthsea books, and as she is the priestess of the Tombs of Atuan, and dark cavernous sounds (alternating with shimmering airy ones) are my thing, that's what I'm going with. I'm keeping Coreopsis as the blog name, because I love Coreopsis flowers, and they ring the Coreopsis Manor, so they serve a symbolic purpose.

No comments: